Martin Guterman passed away February 1, 2004 after a long illness. He was a wonderful colleague,
mathematician, teacher, and friend. We will all miss him.
The Mathematics Department is proud to announce the following award established by his family:
An award in memory of Martin Guterman, beloved faculty
member in the Department of Mathematics, for the first-year student with
the highest academic achievement in mathematics, to encourage further study in that field.
Donations to the Guterman Award Fund can be made through
Tufts University Development Office
200 Boston Ave.
Medford, MA 02155
(Checks should be made out to "Trustees of Tufts College")
or by contacting Telefund at 800-326-4001.
Please be sure to specify "for the fund in memory of Martin Guterman".
If you have any questions please call Gift and Information Services at 866-351-5184.
- Normal Systems
- J. Algebra 4 (1966), 317-320
- On ABA-groups of finite order
- Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 139 (1969), 109-143
- A characterization of the groups F4(2n)
- J. Algebra 20 (1972), 1-23
- A characterization of F4(4n) as a group with
standard 3-component B3(4n)
- Comm. in Algebra 7 (1979), 1079-1102
- On Fischer's Characterizations of Sigma5 and
- with S. Danielson and R. Weiss, Comm. in Algebra 11 (1983), 1501-1510
- Differential Equations with Linear Algebra
- with Z. Nitecki, Saunders College Publishing, 1986
- Differential Equations - A First Course
- third edition, with Z. Nitecki, Saunders College Publishing, 1992.
- Symmetry Groups of the Plane
- available from the author