Designing an instrument:
• What gestures
will control it?
• What sensors do you need for those gestures?
• What will need to be done with the sensors to make them "playable", e.g., mounted on wood, put in tubes, duct-taped to your head?
• How do the sensors translate into switch contacts, or 10KΩ resistors, or +5V DC sources, to use with the Arduino? Will there need to be supplementary electronics?
• What processes will be applied to the MIDI data coming from the Arduino?
• What will the instrument sound like, and how will the sound be controlled by the gestures?
• Specifying and obtaining sensors.
• Specifying materials to make sensors playable, i.e., the human interface.
• Wiring the sensors making the wiring robust.
• Adding circuits to process sensor data.
• Writing the Max patch to process the data.
• Designing the Reason patch.