General and academic data
- Born February 25 1958 in Barcelona (Spain).
- Nationalities: Spanish and American.
- Address: Mathematics Dpt. Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, U.S.A.
- Email: email@example.com
- Bachelor degree, Barcelona (Spain) 1980
- PhD, Barcelona (Spain) 1986
- "Ajudant de classes practiques" at Facultat de Matematiques de la Universitat de Barcelona (October 81-September 86)
- Visiting Scholar at Brown University (September 86-June 87)
- Visitor of "Universita di Roma II" (July-September 87)
- Fellow of the University of Liverpool (October 87-September 88)
- Research associate at the University of Liverpool (October 88-August 89)
- Assistant Professor at Tufts University (September 89-May 94)
- Associate Professor at Tufts University May 94-Fall 2004
- Visiting Scholar at the University of Cambridge, England (May 96-August 98)
- Professor at Tufts University since Fall 2004
Some Grants and Awards
- "Premi extraordinari" for bachelor degree. Barcelona 1980
- Postdoctoral grant for study in a foreign country from "Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas" (spanish version of the N.S.F.). October 86-August 88
- N.S.F. Research Grant for the project "Algebraic Geometry, Moduli of vector bundles on Curves". June 91-November 93
- Radcliffe Fellowship for 2004-2005
- Grant from the Clay Institute (together with Emma Previatto) to organize a workshop in October 2006
- Grant from the Clay Institute (together with Emma Previatto and Loring Tu) to host P.Newstead as a C.M.I. senior scholar as part of the program "Vector Bundles on Curves", Fall 2006
Some invited addresses and courses
- Irreducibility of Sing Θ for Jacobians. In "Corso C.I.M.E. Theory of Moduli”. Montecatini, Italy. June 85.
- Dimension of the Moduli Space of curves with Theta-characteristics.In "Seminar of Algebraic Geometry at Columbia University”, U.S.A. October 86.
- Limit linear series and applications. In Seminar of Algebraic Geometry at Brown University", U.S.A. March 87.
- Theta-characteristics and moduli of curves. At "College on Riemann Surfaces". Trieste, Italy. December 87.
- Brill-Noether for stable vector bundles. In Algebraic Geometry Seminar at Harvard University, U.S.A. October 89.
- Brill-Noether Theory. Cambridge-Oxford-Warwick Seminar, November 96.
- Course on syzygies of curves,(with D.Eisenbud) Bayreuth (Germany), July 99.
- Green's conjecture for generic curves of small gonality Eager Conference, Aussois (France), September 2003.
- An introduction to counting geometric objects, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, April 2005.
- Existence of coherent systems Workshop on Vector bundles, Liverpool (U.K.), August 2005
- Existence of coherent systems using reducible curves Workshop on Vector bundles, Munster (Germany), June 2006.
Bromfield Pearson Room 115 | 617-627-2358 | firstname.lastname@example.org