Selected Publications in Biotechnology
Please note: articles that are available in PDF format are marked with a PDF icon.
23. Biotechnology at the dinner table: FDA oversight of transgenic food.Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science584:80-96 (November 2002).
22. Environmental impacts of the releases of genetically modified organisms. Encyclopedia of Pest Management. David Pimental, ed. Forthcoming, 2002. Marcel Dekker, Inc.
21.Ethical issues involving the production, planting, and distribution of genetically modified crops. In Engineering the Farm. Edited by Britt Bailey and Marc Lappe. Boulder, CO: Island Press, 2002.
20. Patentability of biotechnology inventions under the PTO utility guidelines: Still uncertain after all these years. Journal of Biolaw & BioBusiness. Special Supplement: Intellectual Rights and Patent Rights 2001 (with Warren A. Kaplan).
19. The RDNA Wars. Review of The Recombinant DNA Controversy: A Memoir by Donald S. Fredrickson. American Scientist 89:564-565(November-December 2001).
18. Risk Assessment and Regulation of Bioengineered Food Products. International Journal of Biotechnology. 2(1/2/3):231-238 (2000).
17. Transgenic Agriculture: Biotechnology and International Trade. Journal of Science and Technology Law 4(Spring 1998).
16. The Cultural and Symbolic Dimensions of Agricultural Biotechnology, adapted for Private Science: Biotechnology and the Rise of the Molecular Sciences, Arnold Thackray, ed. University of Pennsylvania Press, 1998.
15. Review. Technical Trajectories and the Human Environment. J.H. Ausubel and H.D. Langford, eds. National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1997; Linking Science and Technology to Society's Environmental Goals. Policy Division, National Research Council, National Academy Press. Washington D.C., 1996. Nature Biotechnology 15:1014-1015(October 1997).
14. Review. Enabling the Safe Use of Biotechnology: Principles and Practice and Appropriate Oversight for Plants with Inherited Traits for Resistance to Pests. Environment 39(5):27-30(June 1997).
13. Revolution of Evolution? [In Biotechnology] Future. Special Edition on Biotechnology, II May 1997, pp. 14-17.
12. Regulatory Oversight of Genetically Engineered Microorganisms: Has Regulation Inhibited Innovation? (with R. Wrubel and M. Anderson). Environmental Management 21(4)571-586(1997).
11. Risk Assessment of Genetically Engineered Microorganisms: From Genetic Reductionism to Ecological Modeling. Prepared for the International Society for the History and Philosophy of the Biological Sciences, Leuven, Belgium, July 20, 1995. In Coping with Deliberate Release: The Limits of Risk Assessment. Ad van Dommelon, ed. Tilberg/Buenos Aires: International Center for Human & Public Affairs, 1996.
10. Review of Gene Wars: Science, Politics and the Human Genome by Robert Cooke-Deegan. In Politics and the Life Sciences 15(1):130-1(Feb. 1996).
9. A Role for Standardized Microcosms in the Risk Assessment of Genetically Engineered Microorganisms. BioScience 45(9):590-599 (October, 1995). (with R.P. Wrubel, S.B. Levy, R.E. Wetzler, & B. Marshall).
8. Editorial. The Future of the Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee. Human Gene Therapy 5:1313-4(November 1994).
7. The Cultural and Symbolic Dimensions of Agricultural Biotechnology. In Issues in Agricultural Bioethics, T.B. Mepham, G.A. Tucker, J. Wiseman, eds. Nottingham: Nottingham University Press, 1995, pp. 1-18.
6. Agricultural Biotechnology & the Environment. (with Roger Wrubel). Champagne, IL: University of Illinois Press. 1996.
5. Review: The Social Costs of Genetic Welfare by Marque-Luisa Miringoff. Rutgers Univ. Press 1991. In Social Science Quarterly 74(1):230-232 (March 1993).
4. Review: Gene Mapping: Using Law and Ethics as Guides, George G. Annas and Sherman Elias, eds. 1992. In Social Science & Medicine 38(1):199-200.
3. Field Testing Transgenic Plants: An Analysis of USDA's Environmental Assessments. (with R. Wrubel and R. Wetzler). BioScience 42(4):280-289 (April 1992).
2. Biotechnics and Society: The Rise of Industrial Genetics. NY: Praeger, 1991.
1. Controlling Risk in Biotech. (with K. Bergmann, N. Conell, S. Schulman, & N. Wilker). Technology Review 92(5):62-70 (July 1989).
Bio | Publications | Science & Ethics Publications | Biotechnology Publications | Endocrine Disruptors Publications | Risk Analysis Publications | Books | Commentaries | Book Reviews | Courses | Links | Corrupted Science | Home
©2005 Sheldon Krimsky